Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hope For Deb Raffle~ The Prize

Here is installment number two in "Raffle" series. I decided to start with a photo of the necklace now that my internet is working. (yeah!)

In the first installment I gave you the details on how to enter to win the "Grace" lariat. In this one I will give you more information about necklace. This is a lariat style necklace so it is very long and can be worn in different ways depending on your style and what you happen to be wearing at the time. This is a one of a kind and is my very favorite piece of everything I have made so far. The chain is entirely hand made by me, link by soldered and hammered link, of sterling silver wire. The bead links are Carnelian and Chrysocolla with silver spacer beads and each one of these is hand wrapped for maximum strength with sterling silver wire. The cross is made of PMC Pro, which is a silver metal clay very similar to sterling with a slight difference in copper/silver ratio. (Sterling silver is an alloy of fine or pure silver with a small amount of copper and is stronger than fine silver) The toggle loop is hand sculpted and carved using sterling silver PMC and the leaf charm is made from a real leaf coated in fine silver PMC (precious metal clay). Along with the leaf charm hangs a beautiful faceted carnelian drop.

For those of you who know a bit about me, you know I haven't always been so clean, sober and sane :-). The road to sobriety was long and often painful for me and everyone around me. I have been given a new life, and am over two years clean and sober now. This is something I tried often, but could never do on my own. Faith is what brought me out of the darkness and saved my life. It is by the Grace of God that I am here and able to see with a new perspective and live a life better than I had ever imagined. This, and Ephesians 2:8 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." were my inspirations for this necklace. And that is exactly how I feel. This is a very special piece to me, so it was kind of a no brainer to offer it as a raffle piece to help raise money for a woman who's strength and faith in this battle for HER new life also inspires me.

Stay tuned in for more "behind the scenes" information in the next installment! Remember the link to donate and enter and share with friends!
http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/HOPE-FOR-DEB-/35438
God Bless!
Tana

No comments:

Post a Comment