Thursday, February 7, 2013

"Grace" Lariat Raffle

Well, the Internet won't cooperate but hey, that's ok. Where there's a will there is a way! I can Blog on my iPhone and I can take pictures with it so we're good.

I have agonized over the length of this post. I have been concentrating on paring it down to the most relevant facts for entering the raffle. There is so much more to be said, so much I want you all to know about the facts behind this fund raising raffle. I have decided to post in a series of shorter blog entries. Today I will give you the bare essentials.
First a bit about why I'm raffling off my favorite piece. My husband's aunt Deb was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia this November. There is so much I want to say about Deb, her amazing attitude, courage and faith through this, but that will have to come later. It has been estimated that after insurance Deb's family will be left with approximately $20,000.00 in out of pocket expenses. This is a huge unexpected expense for most anyone. To help out with this expense Deb's sisters have set up a fundraising page on YouCaring.com.

Here is how YOU can help, and enter to win this beautiful one of a kind lariat necklace. I would love to tell you all about the inspiration and story behind this as well, but again, that will come later. To enter the raffle you will click on the link to Deb's YouCaring.com page. Then follow these steps:
1) click on "give now"
2) enter the amount of your donation.
NOTICE below that you will see an option to give extra to the operating expenses of YouCaring.com as they run on donations. IF you want to donate to YouCaring, then enter the amount you wish to donate. If NOT, make certain that field says $0.00.
3) Your name will be entered one time for every $10 up to $40. ($10=1, $20=2 etc.). For every $10 donated between $50 and $90 you will get a "plus one" ($50=6, $60=7 etc.). To REALLY up your odds, every donation of $100 or more gets you DOUBLE entries! ($100=20, $110=22 etc.)
4) When you are asked for your name and email address, enter it so we can keep track of your entries and can notify you via email if you win.
YouCaring.com is a secure website that does not share or sell your information, and neither will we. The payments are also secure and are processed through PayPal. You do NOT need a PayPal account to donate, they will process your payment with your card if not.

The raffle will run until April first and the winner will be contacted and announced by April 6th.
If you have any questions on how to enter please feel free to ask here or email me at tanareneejewelry@gmail.com.

The link to donate/enter
http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/HOPE-FOR-DEB-/35438

You can follow Deb's progress at:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/debfredrickson

Thank You for taking the time to read about Deb and to enter. Please share with friends and check back for more information on Deb and her progress and the inspiration behind the necklace. Without the Internet working I'm not sure how this post will look (done from my phone) and the photos of the necklace aren't stellar. I needed to get this information out to everyone today so it is what it is.
Thank You and God Bless You!
Tana

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful gesture in giving your favorite piece up to help raise awareness and monies for this Tana! My heart goes out to your Aunt. She is in my prayers. May divine spirit guide the hands who are caring for her that she may recover fully and quickly. Hugs to all. xx

    ReplyDelete